The muon lifetime experiment
PART III: Experimental layout
The BIG detector is common to all experiments. Muon decays are expected to happen inside it, producing the double pulse. Coincidence with small (MINOS) detector may be used or not, depending on configuration.
- Canberra 2000 NIM Bin, with +-6V addendum.
- Three Ortec 436 100 MHz discriminators.
- Ortec CO 4010 4 Fold - 4 Input Logic module [+-6V]
- Ortec 456 high voltage dual power supply
- Canberra 2143 Time Analyzer.
- Ortec 425A Delay.
- Ortec 462 Time Calibrator.
- Agilent 53132A 225 MHz Universal Counter.
- Tracor Northern TN7200 Multichannel Analizer (spectrum can be downloaded to PC via RS232).
- Tektronix 3024B four channel 200 MHz osciloscope, connected to PC via RS232 with Linux software that permits recording of any measurement/trace. Measurements can be used to record time, amplitude, etc. IMPORTANT LIMITATION: measurements can be transfered from scope to PC at a maximum rate of 2 per second.